EMR is hiring an entry-level Human Resources Assistant
As a human resources assistant, you will handle the day-to-day administrative functions of the human resources department. You will provide support in all functional areas of a human resources department, including recruitment and employment, personnel records, data entry, employee relations, benefits administration, and payroll.
EMR employs a wide variety of skilled personnel. We have built a team that works hard, laughs a lot, and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty!
- Has knowledge of commonly-used HR concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- HR experience or degree in the HR field is required
- Must have basic knowledge of state and federal employment laws (FMLA, Workers Compensation and ADA)
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Experience with HR processes, HRIS systems administration and processes
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of compliance requirements related to Worker’s Comp, OSHA, New Hire On-boarding/File Retention, Off-boarding, Safety
- A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness, strong attention to detail and common sense
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
EMR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Cigna Network Medical Insurance—2 P.P.O. plans offered. PPO H.S.A plan (high deductible, low premium) & Traditional PPO plan (high premium, co-pay only)
- 4 coverage levels for medical & dental insurance: Employee, Employee + Spouse, Employee + Children, and Family coverage.
- EMR pays 70% of Core medical plan monthly premium, employees pay 30%
- Prescription plan included in the medical insurance.
- Two Dental Plans-separate premium from the medical insurance.
- Vision Insurance through Eye Med.
- Identity theft protection & legal advice through ID Shield.
- Short Term Disability Insurance –EMR pays 100%.
- Option to purchase Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Term Life Insurance –$15k Company paid with the option to buy additional coverage.
- All Insurance coverage begins the first of the month after hire date.
- 401K—Immediate eligibility, Auto-enrolled 3% contribution (discretionary match)
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement- eligibility begins after 1 year of employment & classes must be at least 50% job related material.
- 17 PTO days per Year – 1st year is prorated
- 3 days funeral leave Used for the death of immediate family members.
- 7.5 paid holidays per year